KnightsOfRohan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Forum For KnightsOfRohan Guild

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MizuSutoraika

MizuSutoraika

Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions   Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Icon_minitime19/07/08, 06:45 pm

Well guys... as my 1st experience in the Township Battle (TB), well kinda nice.

and also... just for some records and suggestions, i would like to note some points where we can coordinate out our movements to certain area fast without any confusion with an effective way.

for now, refer to the map I screen shot just now :

Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Township-Battle-MAP

as everyone can see, I mark the positions of the stronghold and portals in clockwise rotations.

the positions of each stronghold and portals are noted with numbers which everyone can see on an analog clocks.

so, if any movements or progress going on in certain area, any person or party at those area can alert every reinforcement teams to go and help the team which currently on the designated area.

except for the middle stronghold, which we can assign it as MID STRONGHOLD.

Request for backup and command sequence to order some groups to go to designated area also can refer to the coordinates suggested as referred to the map.

Example : XX (amount) from ABC guild, sighted at stronghold 12.
XX (amount) from DEF guild, sighted at portal 4.
Team XYZ, protect stronghold 8.

with these coordinates that i suggest, i hope the coordination of every members to support and protect certain area from any invasion are more effective with brief and simple request of backup.

Any other suggestions regarding other part of TB strategies, we can discuss around.
For now, this is my idea on how to call and distribute all the teams available to spread out and centralized the command sequence.

Lets coordinate the strategies guys and girls!
Back to top Go down
KoChamp

PostSubject: Re: Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions   Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Icon_minitime19/07/08, 10:22 pm

Thats a very good idea.... I like it

Thanks for posting the map. I hope everyone memorizes it
Back to top Go down
SMD

SMD

PostSubject: Re: Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions   Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Icon_minitime20/07/08, 05:19 am

Well not much of a strategy, but something that we MUST NOTE:

If Guild Leader dies/ Leaves our points RESET TO 0 (or so i heard)

Well I guess we could control mid stronghold, then work clockwise/anticlockwise.
Back to top Go down
Anemone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions   Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Icon_minitime20/07/08, 05:26 am

i would lable them slightly different but in the same basic form

my way would be directions like N S E W and C for center
Back to top Go down
https://knightsofrohan.rpg-board.net
Anemone
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions   Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Icon_minitime20/07/08, 05:30 am

and yes gm leaves it sets the points to 0(restored to normal when gm gets back tho)
Back to top Go down
https://knightsofrohan.rpg-board.net
MizuSutoraika

MizuSutoraika

PostSubject: Re: Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions   Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Icon_minitime20/07/08, 08:14 am

labeling the maps with N S W E systems may be convenient for some.

but somehow, there will be confusion due to positions instructions.

for example, in the north area, there are a stronghold and portal at the same time.
to instruct any team available to rendezvous to particular target is a bit complicated since there are 2 objects on the northern side.

if assigned the particular objects with certain numbering based on the clockwise numbering, it may make easier for everyone to take note where exact certain attention to take action for.

as for some formation of a team which will defend the stronghold and watch over the portal, i would suggest a party consist of every class.

example : Priest, Mage, Dekan, Human, Archer and Dhan.

the common sense for the party to have formation is to cover all possible entrance which may be use by the enemies to infiltrate and take over the stronghold.

Archer and Dhan will become the front in the party due to their damage dealing in physical sense.

Human and Dekan will become supportive and middle person of the team due to their resistance and high HP and also support in defending and attacking formations.

Priest and Mage will be in role as in their own specialty to debuff and deal damage to cover the front and middle forms of the team as well as defending the stronghold and portal.

there also suggested that we should have at least 3 - 4 team consisting of any class mixture to support the main team to defend and attack any possible infiltrations.

the backup teams or support teams will rendezvous to any position in the map to give back up and support to the main teams dealing with heavy infiltrations and heavy defending.

any comment on the strategy, just respond.
we need to compile our strategy soon though.

also, please let anyone remember the map to avoid certain confusion during the war.
Back to top Go down
SMD

SMD

PostSubject: Re: Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions   Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Icon_minitime20/07/08, 08:42 am

Quote :
as for some formation of a team which will defend the stronghold and watch over the portal, i would suggest a party consist of every class.

example : Priest, Mage, Dekan, Human, Archer and Dhan.

This would be useful, but can be tweaked abit depending on the given situation

Quote :
Archer and Dhan will become the front in the party due to their damage dealing in physical sense.

Human and Dekan will become supportive and middle person of the team due to their resistance and high HP and also support in defending and attacking formations.

Mmm I kind of disagree with this formation. I think the tradition Human as a Human shield (up front and "alone") would entice the attackers to attack them. Healers would be supporting them of course.

I then suggest we Dekans go after the Human as a "back up"tank and a potential healer in case the healer is busy (and of course dragon form would pretty much rape some of the attackers).

The Dhan would probably be in the middle as they are DDs. (can't really think of where to place them)

Archer will be positioned in the front to kite down/root some of the attackers and then transfer to the middle where they will abuse their range.

Quote :
Priest and Mage will be in role as in their own specialty to debuff and deal damage to cover the front and middle forms of the team as well as defending the stronghold and portal.

Priest no Doubt will be at the back as they are essential for the survival of the party.

I think mages should also be in the front to nuke down/root/slow/dispel the attackers before they get a chance to strike, then move back with the archers to the middle and aoe/nuke the people to death.

Also, in some other games with similar Guild Raid or Town/Dungeon siege, i've witness a strategy where classes with stealth will run up first and scout the enemy positions/number/other info. This could help turn the tide of the battle as if we get info on where the enemy is attacking first and their number, a push could wipe them. As the enemy could use this against us, Mages or people with stealth detection should be placed at choke points to act as Watchouts for stealthed Dhans.

Just some ideas I could think off while questing LOL (stupid unmelting ice quest = =)
Back to top Go down
KoChamp

PostSubject: Re: Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions   Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Icon_minitime20/07/08, 09:09 am

All this said it wont really matter if we use 3oclock or east if everyone is on VENT.

We need to figure out how to have vent allow us to get more ppl on it and then we need to get more ppl on it.

The vent team worked well together and it was very easy/fast to hear info from ppl.
Back to top Go down
SMD

SMD

PostSubject: Re: Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions   Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Icon_minitime20/07/08, 11:50 am

Well I think vent will only make the chain of commands easier, but we still need a strategy lol.
Back to top Go down
SMD

SMD

PostSubject: Re: Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions   Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Icon_minitime21/07/08, 08:59 am

By the way, do you think there should be specific line ups for different parties? In other words, Parties each have something specific to do.

For example:

A Siege party: 1 Human, 3 Mages, 1 Archer, 1 Healer

Outpost party: 2 Dekans, 2 Archers, 2 Mages

This could allow parties to do a special function instead of everyone waiting for commands to be passed down. Just a thought :/
Back to top Go down
MizuSutoraika

MizuSutoraika

PostSubject: Re: Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions   Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Icon_minitime21/07/08, 09:26 am

hmm.... something good opinions exchange here so far.

better to assume that certain class have different attributes on their build.

especially dekan and human.

some humans uses sword + dagger, sword + shield and some dagger + shield.

and also, some dekan uses regular zhen (full zhen) and some seperate zhen.

a party must consist of fully utilized all potential of all the build to attack and defense.

vent is a all good method on how to coordinate every members for the war.
but not 100% of war participant uses them.

as i recommended as well, apart from we having a party for attacks and defense, we also need a backup party planning where these party will assist and conduct any back ups towards these assigned teams as supports.

but the most important thing is, everyone need to fully understand the positioning and code names which we could design to command where everyone should go in the TB map.

meaning, everyone should well aware of how we assigned every points in the map.
Back to top Go down
SMD

SMD

PostSubject: Re: Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions   Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Icon_minitime22/07/08, 08:27 am

Quote :
but the most important thing is, everyone need to fully understand the positioning and code names which we could design to command where everyone should go in the TB map.

meaning, everyone should well aware of how we assigned every points in the map.

Agreed, If people get lost in the middle of a township battle, things can get very messy and unfavorable.

Quote :
a party must consist of fully utilized all potential of all the build to attack and defense.

This would be a bit hard as we are unsure of people's play style and build, however, yes this is important. Maybe we could assign teams through pvp tournaments among the guild? As in, test out which people work well with others so that parties can be set for township battles.

Of course this would mean everyone has to be online otherwise this strategy may crumble.

By the way, mizu, can you load a "clean" township battle map as a template for people to doodle positions/markings on? Cause I kinda forgot to take sses :X
Back to top Go down
KoChamp

PostSubject: Re: Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions   Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Icon_minitime22/07/08, 10:49 pm

Hmm maybe it would be a good idea to break the guild up into squads or something.

This squads would put you with 5 other ppl around your lvl and of varrying classes. Then have each group train together. These would also be your pts for tb's. If we dont have a full pt for a tb we could combine some.

But for organization we would know who the squad leaders are.

For instance. If Anemone needs help he could just be like champ get your squad to NE stone.

Then the leader could communicate to the group. This could also solve the lack of space on vent if only the squad leaders got on vent first.

I think if we keep this brainstorming up we will have a winning plan in no time.
Back to top Go down
MizuSutoraika

MizuSutoraika

PostSubject: Re: Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions   Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Icon_minitime23/07/08, 06:58 am

i spotted it's kind of hard to assign squads in this game since the guild functions seems like ignores the ability to put some note upon members list.

if this note stuff available on the guild member list, guild leader should be able to manage some squads to prepare for the war.

anyway, who wants the "naked" form of the map without any scratches... just grab it.

Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions RohanTBmap
Back to top Go down
SMD

SMD

PostSubject: Re: Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions   Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Icon_minitime24/07/08, 01:14 pm

Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions TBpaths

zomg i actually bothered to do this. Anyway, here are some possible paths for TB battles. If we name them, orders will probably be easy to give out (i.e Team A use Path 1, Team B use path 5, blah blah).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions   Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Township Battle Map n Strategy Discussions
Page 1 of 1